Normandy is pleased to have Ethan Safar join us for the summer of 2023. A rising Junior at BC and a Wisconsin native, Ethan joined the team in May and very quickly began supporting Normandy’s retained add-on searches. Along with researching and evaluating opportunities for our clients, Ethan has spearheaded an effort to improve Normandy’s network and business development efforts. We are very excited to have him on our team for the rest of the summer.
Where did Ethan grow up?
Burlington, Wisconsin, a small midwestern town roughly 45 minutes outside of Milwaukee and home to the Nestle chocolate chip factory.
Where does he go to school? What is he studying?
Ethan is a rising junior in Boston College’s Carroll School of Management, where he is double majoring in finance/business analytics and philosophy. After two years at BC, his favorite non-business course has been Spiritual Exercises, a class which requires students to expand their horizons and experience classical art and music. As part of this course, Ethan attended concerts put on by the Boston Symphony Orchestra and wrote an essay evaluating the work of J. M. W. Turner.
Is he in any clubs at BC?
Ethan is involved with several organizations on campus, including the Boston College Investment Club (BCIC) and the Sea Eagles Conservation Group. He is also a member of the Fulton Leadership Society, a volunteer organization that helps freshmen acclimate to college life at BC.
What does he do when he is not in school or working at Normandy?
Outside of school and work, Ethan enjoys running, swimming, golfing, playing pick-up basketball, spending time with his family, and cheering on the Green Bay Packers.
Why did he apply to Normandy Advisors?
Ethan was referred to us by a former Normandy intern. He was intrigued by the opportunity to learn about middle market private equity and hear directly from owners regarding how they think about legacy and M&A. He also wanted to experience working in a small team environment.
What is he doing next summer?
Ethan will be interning in New York City with RBC’s investment banking team, where he will join several alumni of Normandy’s internship program.
- If he could have dinner with any well-known “historical figure,” living or deceased, who would it be?
- Peter Lynch
- Any interesting or unique facts that few people know about him?
- Ethan represented Team Wisconsin in the Little League World Series but came up short of the title after losing to Kentucky in the Midwest regionals.
- If Ethan could travel anywhere in the world, where would he go?
- Scotland. Ethan will be studying abroad at Queen Mary University in London in the Spring of 2024 and intends to fly to Scotland for a weekend (at least).
- Dogs or Cats?
- Dogs. Ethan and his family have a golden retriever named Indy.
- Athletic Interests?
- Ethan played wide receiver and ran the 400-meter in high school. He continues to play pickup basketball and is an avid fan of the Packers and BC hockey.